Friday, April 23, 2010

Ticking

It wasn't until last night when I was reminded of the impending crisis that could explode in years to come.

I had merely hid the time bomb under my bed so that the muffled ticking sound could not reach me.

Last night, I went under my bed and picked up the time bomb. I stared right into the face of it and yet remained clueless to how I can disarm it.

Looking back the past one year, I seemed to staged a feat that few others can achieve. I have attained my major short term goals in life, and I am brimming with pride. But, when I silently gather my thoughts once again, I hear the muffled ticking of the time bomb in my head and it feels as if I have never left my starting point.

As much as I push myself to craft the ideal life ahead, I am compelled to always look back.

Shall I chuck it back under my bed?

No comments: