Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mission

I picked the same bag that I had brought the school on the previous day. Perhaps studying could take things off the mind. On the way out, I thought the library would be a great destination, for I had planned for ages to get some investment related book off their shelves. But when I faced the entrance of the library, I finally convince myself to put an end to the miserable deception.

Perhaps I need to embark on my mission. And so I headed six levels up the building instead, one storey beneath the rooftop. I exit the lift and turned into the small corridor. It was 7pm. The echoes were faint. I pushed open the glass door and two ladies greeted me. "How many of you?" asked the lady in black coat. "Erm... only one, myself." Even though I had set out to spend, I still took the cheaper option of the seat in the hall. As I picked up the wireless mic, I finally felt good.

And there at the Party World I ran a marathon of solo singing for 5 hours and 15 minutes almost non-stop. I started with a raw voice, to a opened up one, to a sore one, and finally to a point I could sing nicely without going through too much at the throat. It really felt great, especially when passerbys occaionally stood behind me until I finish that very song they were appreciating. Some clapped, some stood around to watch quietly after their toilet visit, some stayed a while before leaving the lounge, some took the seat opposite mine, and some asked me the title of the song that I have sung. At the end of the 5 hours, I realised my body to be trembling from weariness. But the experience was simply fantastic. I have heard of how A*mei collapsed from weariness after a complete exertion of energy at the end of the encore in her concert. I learnt that it could be so true.

12.15am, I walked out onto the same street in the opposite direction that I came from, only this time it was dark and the path stood hardly any but a few souls. Like an effect of a medication that wore off, the unwelcomed mood struck me yet again. I heaved a deep heavy sigh, which so obviously declared my throat a sored one.

No comments: